What an interior designer can do for your home with Aodhain Scallan
Aodhain Scallan -Fleetwood Paints Interior Designer ww.insidedesign.ie
When most people think about hiring an interior designer, they focus in on mainly aesthetics such as wall colours, window treatments & pillow patterns
We go beyond cosmetic concerns to ensure that a space feels harmonious through and through, from its floor plan and architectural envelope to the last nail, tassel and tuft.
The thought of hiring an interior designer may have some of you feeling intimidated so let me try and answer some common questions and concerns we come across about in this mystifying industry.
What does an Interior Designer do?
- Help clients who are feeling overwhelmed, lacking in confidence or at a loss as to where to begin – or end – a project
- Create a plan with a timeline, a budget and a list of priorities
- Liaise with shops, tradespeople & architects to ensure work is completed according to schedule and within budget
- We will save you time & money in the long run
- Manage your budget & save you making expensive mistakes
- We will do as little or as much as the client needs to bring a concept to fruition and completion
- Offer a variety of packages to suit different needs from one-hour consultations to a full interior design service
- In short, we take the stress out of what can be a very challenging time by passing on our expertise and knowing off-hand where and how to source items
When should you hire an interior designer? – The earlier, the better
- It makes the task easier for both client and designer if the designer is involved from the beginning
- Important design decisions such as how much wall space is needed for items such as furniture or window treatments
- Otherwise it can create cost overruns by adding or removing a window, changing the distance between doors and windows and changing lighting positions
Although regardless of what stage of the project you hire an interior designer, a good designer will have the ability to work with you and help steer the project in the right direction using artistic vision and applying industry know-how.
So if you have grown tired of all the decision making or become anxious about nailing the finer details it is never too late to get an interior designer on board to help you
Will an Interior Designer impose their own style on my home?
- Some clients wish to leave the entire process to their interior designer, others may have a clear vision for their home that they just need a little help to bring to life.
- Most often we find clients want to be more involved and have many of their own ideas already.
- It helps if you keep pages from magazines of what you like, or pin images on Pinterest
‘Not sure what you like, but know what you don’t like’
Interior designers have a natural ability to identify a client’s sense of style, so even if you think you don’t know what you want or like, we have ways and means of gather this information in a short space of time.
By listening and viewing images of what the client might like, we are able to tell their style and give further examples which gives them a sense of clarity.
In other cases clients can be very certain of what they want. A good designer will always question anything they would envisage being a mistake and can explain exactly why.
“We won’t always tell you what you want to hear and similarly we won’t allow you to do anything disastrous that you will later regret”