Fleetwood Weather Clad®, now with a Lifetime Guarantee
We are so confident in our unique formulation of Fleetwood Weather Clad® Masonry Paint, that we are introducing a new Lifetime Guarantee.
If you experience any issues with flaking, peeling or cracking for as long as you live in your home, then we’ll return the full price of the product in the form of a voucher.
Fleetwood Weather Clad® masonry paint has a unique high performance acrylic resin which resists peeling and flaking, and an advanced slow releasing biocide which actively resists mould which means that your paint looks brighter for longer.
Fleetwood Weather Clad® works via a unique patented encapsulated biocide that gives a longer acting kill rate hence protecting the film from microbial attack for much longer than standard masonry paint. The system can be thought of as a capsule of biocide (much like a cod-liver oil capsule) that only releases the biocide when a micro-organism interacts with the coating. This ensures that the biocide agent lasts much longer in the film by protecting and keeping the painted surface clean and looking newer for longer.
We understand the unpredictable nature of Irish weather and the importance of getting the job done quickly and efficiently and with that in mind Fleetwood Weather Clad® has a quick drying time and is shower resistant in 30 minutes and a recoat time of 4 hours.
Rain, sleet and sun do their worst and Fleetwood Weather Clad® stands the test of time. Fleetwood Weather Clad® has been researched, developed and tested in Virginia Co.Cavan. We have painted panels with Fleetwood Weather Clad® paint to test against Ireland’s harshest weather conditions with some panels being outside at our weathering station for over 25 years. This is why we are so confident in our superior formulation so much so that we are now offering a Lifetime Guarantee against peeling, flaking and mould staining on the exterior of your home.
PURCHASE: Fleetwood Weather Clad® is available in designated Fleetwood Stockists. All Fleetwood Weather Clad® buckets that hold the Lifetime Guarantee logo are qualifying products for this Guarantee. Once you’ve picked and paid for your Fleetwood Weather Clad bucket, take a note of your batch number which is placed on the Fleetwood Weather Clad® lid. Please retain your receipt with the batch number as proof of purchase.
PREP AND PAINT: Full advice on how to prepare the substrate for painting can be found on the Fleetwood WeatherClad® Lifetime Guarantee packaging. There are preparation guidelines for three types of substrate: previously painted surfaces, new surfaces and plasterboard. Once the walls have been correctly prepared for painting in accordance with Fleetwood Paints guidelines, you can begin applying Fleetwood Weather Clad®. Stir Fleetwood Weather Clad® thoroughly before use with a good quality brush or roller, airless or conventional spray. You can thin the first coat with up to 1 part water to 10 parts paint over unsealed, porous surfaces. Do not over-thin. The second coat, if brushing or rolling, should always be applied unthinned. Details of coverage and drying times can be found on the Fleetwood Weather Clad® packaging. For more information on how to correctly prepare and paint your walls you can contact us on 0498547209 and email@example.com. Further instructions are available in this article.
PHOTOGRAPH: Once you have completed the prep of your wall you must take a close-up photograph of the surface and a photograph of the entire wall that has been prepared before applying Fleetwood Weather Clad®. Complete this step for every wall you will be painting with Fleetwood Weather Clad®. Once the walls have been painted, you must take a close-up photograph of the surface and a photograph of the entire wall that has been painted. Complete this step for every wall you have painted with Fleetwood Weather Clad®.
OUR PROMISE: We offer a lifetime guarantee that for as long as you reside in your home, Fleetwood Weather Clad will not blister, flake or peel. In the unlikelihood that this should occur, we promise to furnish an equivalent amount of paint at no cost via the issuing of a voucher exclusive to Fleetwood Weather Clad®.
Ensure your prep and paint work is completed correctly by following these instructions for painting with Fleetwood Weather Clad®
- PREPARATION – PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES Remove all loose, flaking material and powder residues by thoroughly brushing using a stiff bristle brush (not wire brush) or scraping. Fill holes and cracks with Fleetwood exterior quality filler and sand smooth. All chalky and powdery surfaces must first be sealed with Fleetwood Stabilising Solution. Treat any areas affected by algae, mildew or mould with a Fleetwood Fungicidal Wash. If algae or mould is heavy, a second application is recommended. If treatment for algae or mould is required allow at least 12 hours before painting. Sand glossy surfaces and remove dust residue. Sources of damp must be corrected before painting. All masonry must be clean dry and free of dirt, oil, grease, loose paint, mortar, masonry dust. Wood and metal (which must be rust free) should be primed with an appropriate primer.
- PREPARATION – NEW SURFACES All surfaces must be clean and have completely dried out before painting. Poured concrete must have weathered for several years or be sand blasted. Treat sand blasted concrete and all porous surfaces with Fleetwood Stabilising Solution. New masonry must be allowed to dry and cure for at least 60 days at 15°C prior to painting. New metal and wood surfaces must be primed before painting.
- PREPARATION – PLASTERBOARD This product is suitable for application over plasterboard. However, conditions of high humidity and moisture in the plasterboard can sometimes lead to staining of the coating. Under these circumstances, an appropriate primer should be used.
- APPLICATION – Stir thoroughly before use and apply by brush or roller, airless or conventional spray. For best results use good quality brushes and rollers. The first coat may be thinned with up to 1 part water to 10 parts paint over unsealed, porous surfaces. Do not over-thin. The second coat, if brushing or rolling, should always be applied unthinned.
- COVERAGE – The coverage will depend greatly on the roughness and porosity of the surface. On smooth surfaces of average porosity e.g.: rendering, 12 square metres per litre and on rough surfaces of low porosity e.g.: pebbledash, coverage can be as low as 4-6 square metres per litre. Strong colours may require additional coats.
- DRYING – Under normal conditions, Fleetwood Weather clad® Smooth Exterior Masonry Paint will be touch dry in 2-4 hours. If a second coat is required, allow 4 hours between coats.
- CAUTION Do not apply in conditions of extreme cold (less than 5°C) or when there is a likelihood of rain or frost or a drop below 5°C in temperature as this will have a detrimental effect on the drying process. When using more than one can of coloured paint, it is advisable to intermix in a larger container to ensure uniformity of colour.
- CLEANING Remove as much paint as possible from brushes and rollers. Clean equipment immediately in warm soapy water. Replace lid firmly on the can after use.
Terms and Conditions of the Fleetwood/Weather Clad® Lifetime Guarantee